Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 02, 2009

So....

Riley is feeling much better now! I guess around 4:00 on Tuesday, she perked up and started feeling better.

Now me, on the other hand, I started having a little bit of a stingy throat. By 2 am, my throat was full on raw, painful, and swollen and I was running a 102 degree temperature.

Mom picked Riley up and took her to Becky's for me and I took myself to the doctor, where they tested me for strep. Yep. I have strep throat. YUCK.

Turns out my mother-in-law also has strep throat. So, I'm wondering if Riley didn't in fact have strep and passed it on to us.

I am starting to feel better on day #2 of strep throat, after a penicillin shot and lots of Advil and Tylenol. My temp is now 99-100 versus 100-1o2. So that's an improvement.

I'm working on a post for Riley's 9 month birthday. Even though she didn't have a very fun 9 month birthday, I thought in the spirit of renewed blogging, I would do a good post about her 9 months so far.

Marley and Me is kind of distracting me at the moment though. I know it's going to make me cry even though I read the book and know what's coming....

1 comment:

courtney said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry y'all are all so sick! It's so hard when they're babies, too, and can't tell you what hurts. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have strep. I'm telling you, my girls break out in rashes just like that when they have strep.

Hope you all get better soon!!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs