Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Purple Eye Funk Revisited

Ok, two years ago, I went to work and was promptly asked by one of the secretaries who socked me in the eye. I checked a mirror, and sure enough my eye looked red and puffy. I immediately called my doctor and he told me to come on in. I do and he says, oh, it's just pink eye...here's a sample, it'll be better by the morning and gone in a day or two...I'm thinking great...I go home and my eye just gets worse and worse. And in the meantime, I develop the worst sore throat I've ever had and a fever. And of course, by then, it was Friday afternoon and my doctor wasn't working. I head to the minor emergency clinic and the PA on duty wouldn't even get withing 5 feet of me. This is what I looked like:


Pretty scary huh? The purple of my lid inspired the name...being as I didn't know what was wrong with me at first, me and Kara dubbed it the purple eye funk. Seemed fitting. After going to Abilene Eye Institute, I was diagnosed with Pharyngoconjunctival Fever....

And while it started in my right eye, it did spread to the left, but not as bad. I don't ever, ever want that stuff again. I also had to wear my glasses to work for like 3 weeks which I HATED.


1 comment:

courtney said...

Ewwww...that looks bad! Glad you got rid of that!

Congratulations on your new role at work...that's awesome! And, congratulations of the week of working out! ;)

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs