Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Riley!

Today my baby turned 2. I can hardly believe it's been two years since she came into this world, forever turning our lives upside down and right side out :)

She is undoubtedly the best thing I have ever done and is just the funniest little person.
  • Today, Jody was on the phone with a guy he works with...Riley said "talk on phone!" Jody ignored her...so she said it louder and grabbed the phone...so Jody told Jeff "someone" wanted to talk to him...so RP takes the phone and and says "Hewwo?" and talks some gibberish for a minute...Jody asked her who it was and she said "some man." I don't even know where she comes up with some of this stuff.
  • I don't even know where to start with all the words she says...there are too many too count. Some of my favorite are: hewwo, sowwy, bye (it's all in the way she says it, she has a pretty deep little voice), let's go, love you...
  • Some of my least favorite are shut up (not sure where she picked that one up, but thankfully I haven't heard it a few days from her) and no like it, which actually means she is full. Also "no touch it" when she does not want my help.
  • She has recently discovered baby dolls and loves them. She has a baby from Target that take a bottle and then falls asleep. As soon as it falls asleep, she tells it "wake up!"
  • She is scared of thunder, but loves to tell you it's raining.
  • Crayons are her favorite and she will color on anything. Thus our rule of only coloring when she's in the high chair. But you have to make sure the high chair is away from things she can color on - like countertops, my iphone, the oven, etc.
  • Swimming is a favorite pastime. And she's getting pretty brave. She does really good with her floaties.
  • She has discovered the Imagination Movers and his quit requesting Blues Clues all the time (thank goodness). I can only take so much of Steve.
  • We're in a picky phase. What works one day may not work the next. I figure she'll eat when she's hungry.
  • She'll almost always eat Gogurt. I buy two big boxes at a time at Sam's.
  • Money is the key to her heart. But only paper "moneys". And she'll fold it and stick it in the waist band of whatever she has on.
  • I taught her to somersault last weekend.
Happy birthday, my sweet Riley....

No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs