Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 26, 2010

And There I Was...

I was doing so good, blogging 2 or 3 times a week...and then tonight, I look and it's almost been 3 weeks???? That just doesn't seem possible. I guess it's time for a run down. Where do I start?

  • I think this is the first time I've been on my laptop in two weeks. Very unusual for me. I think it has to do with the time change. Uh, yeah, that must be it.
  • Riley is good. We appear to have dodged a nasty tummy bug and hand foot & mouth disease. Thank goodness.
  • Jody is fishing a lot and enjoying.
  • Riley and I are going to Florida in June to visit my friend Kirsten and her family. They live in the Pensacola area and Kirsten's daughter Dani and RP are the exact same age - born within 10 minutes of each other I think. Kirsten has a handsome little man named Declan that is one year and one week younger than the girls. I can't wait to squeeze his cute little cheeks :)
  • Ashley and I have decided to renovate one of the ranch houses...I'm sure my one blog commenter (and possibly sole reader) remembers the rock house at the ranch. No one has stayed in it for like 4 years, but it's in pretty good shape, just needs a good cleaning, maybe some paint, and some decorating work - I can't wait! As a matter of fact, we are going out to Shep tomorrow to start working on it. I just have so many great memories from when I was little of going out there and I want Riley to have the same. Before pics to come....
  • I've just about had it with the wind.
  • Riley calls everyone baby. I think it's because Jody calls me "babe" sometimes, thus answering the question "Are you a babe or a cupcake?"
  • I took Riley to the bank today...the last time she was up there was the day after Thanksgiving when no one was there...she had a blast. She conned people into giving her rides on the escalator...she made herself quite at home.
  • She's apparently half monkey, because she climbs on everything by the way.
  • Oh yeah, I started running again...I guess it's more of a wog at this point...me and Carla are going twice a week together, then on our own most weekends. It's been fun, I've thoroughly enjoyed. Even in the stupid wind.
Ok, well, that's all for now. I have to go retrieve my monkey off the side table she climbed on to....have a great weekend!

2 comments:

courtney said...

well, you must be talking about me b/c i remember the ranch house in shep. great memories! :) i also remember driving your mom's suburban around the ranch when we were like 12. so fun!

i better get an invitation to the newly renovated ranch house!! :)

Marilyn said...

I am talking about you :) We did have some great times out there, didn't we? I'm pretty sure mom has some pictures of us hunting Easter eggs when we were clearly a little old to be doing so...you have an invitation any time you want it :)

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs