Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29, 2009

Riley is sick today. Not a happy baby. She woke up at 2 am and would sleep a little, cry a lot, and nurse just a little. Around 7 this morning, I decided maybe a bath would help her relax...when I took her pj's off, I saw that her rash had returned. Poor kid.

I guess I should back up...Thursday a week ago, I noticed she had a rash on her back...she seemed fine other than this rash. On Friday, I called the pediatrician's office and visited with his nurse Crystal. She said if she felt fine, just to use some hydrocortisone cream twice a day and if it wasn't better by Monday, to call for an appointment.

On Saturday, it looked better.

On Sunday, it looked even better. But she woke up with a 102.5 temperature. After I gave her Motrin, she was back to her normal happy self.

Monday I kept her home from her sitter's house, as I suspected she had a virus. The rash continued to look better, and she had no fever, she was in a great mood.

Fast forward to Friday, the 27th...she has a snotty nose and a junky cough. Riley doesn't seem to feel great, but ok.

Saturday (yesterday), she is in a really good mood, just a runny nose and occasional cough.

Now her rash is back and it's on her tummy. You can tell she feels really bad today. My mom came over to relieve me - I was at the end of my rope. Poor Riley has slept all day for the most part. Now if I could only get some sleep - it's just not that easy anymore.

1 comment:

courtney said...

you SHOULD blog more. i still read!

have they tested her for strep? it may not be strep, but both of my girls always break out in a rash when they have strep throat.

i hope riley feels better soon, and i hope YOU get some well needed rest!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs