Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

LIke a Rolling (Kidney) Stone.....

So Sunday, I had a bit of an adventure, but not the good kind.

I woke up about 6am and rolled over to get out of bed and noticed by back hurt...my thought was that I slept wrong and pregnancy tends to make your body more unforgiving. I started moving around and realized it felt like a kidney issue (I've had two kidney infections in the past)...the pain increased and I threw up. About that time, Jody wanders in to my bathroom and asks if I'm ok and I tell him, no, get dressed, we're going to the ER.

Long story short, I was the proud owner of a large kidney stone...I have never felt pain like that and from what I understand, it's supposedley worse than childbirth (I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one)...everytime they needed to do something, I would throw up, not that there was anything left to throw up...they needed to put a catheter in, I'd throw up...they needed to take blood, I'd throw up...they finally got an iv in and gave me a shot of demerol...and I was OUT. When I finally woke up, the pain was gone, but I was still sleepy. They kept me a while after the demerol wore off and then sent me home with pain meds. It was not an experience I ever care to repeat. So DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs