Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Day, Football, & Kleenex

No, this post doesn't have anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys....

Me, my mom, and my sister went to see We Are Marshall on Christmas Day. If you want to see Foxy and Matthew look like this


then this is the movie for you...then there's this one part where Matthew looks super hot:


No, in all seriousness, this movie is sad. The subject matter (a small town University's football team and coaching staff are all killed in a fiery plane crash) is sad, and even more tragically, based on true events that occurred in 1970. By the time the movie was over, I had a stomach ache, my mom's throat hurt, and Ashley looked like her dog had died. I have to admit going into the theatre, I knew the premise was sad, but I looking forward to an inspirational film. I didn't find it. I think some people might have, but not me...or my sister...or my mom.
So with all the seriousness aside, I have to say one thing they did succeed in doing is making Matthew look un-hot, which is pretty hard to do, not impossible, as evident in his Dazed and Confused look:

So now I'm going to have to put some good pics of Matthew up:

I guess I was hoping for We Are Marshall to be more like Invincible, which I loved:



It was inspiring, touching, funny...it didn't leave you feeling like someone had hit you in the stomach with a baseball bat. Bad analogy, I know, being as it's a football movie. And it too was set in the 1970's and they managed to make Marky Mark look pretty ok....

And since I went there, we have to post the picture:


No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs