Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 01, 2008

Riley @ One Month


I cannot believe my baby girl, my daughter (wow, I have a DAUGHTER!) Is now one month old.

I don't even know how to express how much I love this little person...you mommies know. But how do you explain it to your friends that haven't had babies yet? Not too long ago, I was one of those people...I guess if you had told me to take how much I love my little Zoe dog and multiply that times infinity, I might have understood that a little, but there's no way to explain the FEELING.

Let's see, changes in Riley that have happened in the past month:
-Her bruised head has gotten significantly better, its just barely squishy now
-Her bruised shoulder has healed
-her eyes have gone from navy to more of a just blue color, but who knows
-her dark hair is starting to fall out (man, I'll miss her little mullet) and I think its going to grow in blonde. Her eyebrows and lashes are blonde and it looks like there is some blonde fuzz under the dark hair.
-she is holding her head up so good! But we do need to do more tummy time....
-she now sleeps in her crib some, vs not at all in the beginning
-she has "smiled" from early on, but has just in the last two days started to smile back at you...I have yet to catch the elusive smile with the camera, but I will.

Things Riley likes:
-Nursing: she just relaxes totally and generally racks out.
-Music: she loves music. Her mobile is a wind up that only plays about 3 minutes, so itoday I ordered the Symphony In Motion Deluxe mobile. She also has a crib "piano" that each key plays a different song...there is a switch for when she is older that will make each key play a single note.
-White Noise Bear: she loves her bear that plays all the soothing sounds.
-FisherPrice Papasan Cradle Swing: this swing is loved by Riley and me and Jody.
-Changing Pad: she loves to be up on her changing pad, looking around.
-Baby Massage: we do this everyday and she just loves it.
-Being Held: Riley sleeps much better being held than in her crib. I'm going to enjoy it while I can :)
-Little Tummies AntiGas Drops - she likes the way they taste...I've been known to bait a paci with a drop or two to get her started....
-Zoe: Riley and Z are already buddies. We were a little worried, because Z has been the baby for a long time, but Zoe seems to really like Riley...she will jump up in the chair with us and like turn midair/landing so that she misses the baby. So cute. And Riley likes to look at her-probably because she's black and white and babies seem to like contrasting colors.
-Her grandmas: no explanation needed :)
The car and her car seat: great way to get her to sleep when she's really fighting it.
-Her daddy: she just stares at Jody. And he just stares back at her. I love it.
-Gigi's Sponge Baths: Gigi (my mom) comes almost everday at lunch and gives Riley a sponge bath, massage, and dresses her...they both enjoy their time together. And I get a shower!

Things Riley does not like:
-The big swing : I think she will like it someday, its just not really made for a newborn.
-Baths: she seems to not mind the water, but she never ends up happy by the end. We're getting there.
-Being woken up before she's ready: makes for a grouchy baby!
-Waiting for food: do not let her get too hungry!

All in all, I'm blessed to not only have a healthy, beautiful baby, but a generally happy, easy to take care of baby. We've had a few rough nights (hello gas!), but we've got her figured out for the time being.

No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs